ROSA Fresh R8.1 release updated.

• 10

ROSA Fresh R8.1 release updated.

Dear friends!

Here we are happy to present the next correcting release of ROSA Fresh R8 platform by launching updated ROSA Fresh R8.1 version.

This ROSA Fresh R8.1 release is primary purposed for users who need stable LTS platform on modern hardware.

This release contains all patches and software updates for Intel Skylake chipset and similar modern chipsets, also kernel 4.9.x is avaliable just right out of the box.

ROSA Fresh R8.1 includes a lot of bug fixes, primary for fixing network issues and some installation problems.

Most important features and bugfixes are listed below:

– Several bugfixes for fix installation and booting problems in Live-mode on some systems;
– Linux kernel 4.9.x LTS is included right out of the box, you can use our new ROSA Desktop Fresh R8.1 release on latest Intel Skylake chipsets;
– Mesa now is 13.0.2 with OpenGL 4.5 for better working of free drivers on some modern games;
– Rsyslog are disable by default for better booting performance and less trash in logs, we use only journalctl instead now;
– NetworkManager and NTPD services are fixed;
– Fixed bug in NetworkManager, when using pptp with incorrect MTU parameters;
– Mozilla Firefox is now ESR version out of the box;
– Latest CUPS drivers included;
– Some bugfixes for better Epson scanners support in SANE;
– Some security fixes for ~/.gvfs directory, backing-up home directories made smoothly;
– New modems are supported, and you can now see traffic graph in modemmanager app;
– ROSA desktop theme is fixed for better work with no effects;
– Bugfixes when working with shared folders in VirtualBox;
– OpenSSL version supports GOST cipher algorithms;
– Hardware acceleration for some video editing software (MLT) is on by default.
– etc.

Download ROSA Desktop Fresh R8.1 release here.

10 Comments

Rosa Fresh R8.1, ¡se actualiza la versión KDE! | Konzentrix

March 10, 2017at 9:00 am

[…] Notas de lanzamiento […]

LinuxHostSupport

March 10, 2017at 6:38 pm

Congrats on the new release!

Ketil Ervik

March 14, 2017at 10:44 am

The best kde distro. Pity att no hdmi sound and 5.1 for my creativ sound card works!
Therefore, I must look for another distro that works in this area.
But Rosa I have tested many times and is very good. HDMI sound I’ve never been to. I think in general att audio configuration kde is something terrible mess.

Mauricio Pacheco M.

March 14, 2017at 9:57 pm

Hola a todos.
He descargado esta actualización, lo instalaré en esta semana y les cuento como me fue. Últimamente la distro no me andaba muy bien (Compaq-Presario-CQ45-Notebook-PC 4.1.38-nrj-desktop-2rosa-x86_64), así que aprovecharé e instalaré formateando mi máquina. Ya llevaba cerca de 2 años con la distribución en mi portátil. En mi máquina de escritorio funciona bien.
Una nota aparte; al entrar a Rosa-Fresh (http://en.rosalinux.com/rosa-fresh/), la página sale en blanco, he ensayado en varios equipos, el resultado es el mismo.

Mil gracias por esta buena distribución Gnu/Linux.

Desde Bogotá D.C. – Colombia, 2600 metros más cerca de las estrellas.

Hello everyone.
I downloaded this update, I will install it this week and tell you how it was. Lately the distro was not working very well (Compaq-Presario-CQ45-Notebook-PC 4.1.38-nrj-desktop-2rosa-x86_64), so I will take advantage and install formatting my machine. It had been about 2 years with the distribution on my laptop. On my desktop machine it works fine.
A separate note; When entering Rosa-Fresh (http://en.rosalinux.com/rosa-fresh/), the page goes blank, I have tried in several teams, the result is the same.

Thank you for this good GNU / Linux distribution.

From Bogotá D.C. – Colombia, 2600 meters closer to the stars.

consta

March 15, 2017at 2:38 pm

Thamk you
    Sorry, we’ll fix the problem with this page.

Mauricio Pacheco M.

March 28, 2017at 9:44 am

Hola a todos.

Como comente en mi post anterior (14 de Marzo), he instalado R8.1 Fresh 64 bits KDE desde origen. Particiones: root, swap, home.
    Partición “root” y “home” formateadas.
    Instalación sin problemas, el único inconveniente esta en la temperatura. Al usar navegador web “Firefox” o “Chromium” la temperatura aumenta mucho:
    – Antes:
    mauricio@PortatilMau ~ $ sensors
    acpitz-virtual-0
    Adapter: Virtual device
    temp1: +67.0°C (crit = +105.0°C)

k10temp-pci-00c3
    Adapter: PCI adapter
    temp1: +73.0°C (high = +70.0°C)
    (crit = +115.5°C, hyst = +110.5°C)
    – Durante:
    mauricio@PortatilMau ~ $ sensors
    acpitz-virtual-0
    Adapter: Virtual device
    temp1: +87.0°C (crit = +105.0°C)

k10temp-pci-00c3
    Adapter: PCI adapter
    temp1: +95.9°C (high = +70.0°C)
    (crit = +115.5°C, hyst = +110.5°C)

mauricio@PortatilMau ~ $ sensors
    acpitz-virtual-0
    Adapter: Virtual device
    temp1: +87.0°C (crit = +105.0°C)

k10temp-pci-00c3
    Adapter: PCI adapter
    temp1: +92.6°C (high = +70.0°C)
    (crit = +115.5°C, hyst = +110.5°C)
    – Después:
    mauricio@PortatilMau ~ $ sensors
    acpitz-virtual-0
    Adapter: Virtual device
    temp1: +58.0°C (crit = +105.0°C)

k10temp-pci-00c3
    Adapter: PCI adapter
    temp1: +64.5°C (high = +70.0°C)
    (crit = +115.5°C, hyst = +110.5°C)

mauricio@PortatilMau ~ $ sensors
    acpitz-virtual-0
    Adapter: Virtual device
    temp1: +44.0°C (crit = +105.0°C)

k10temp-pci-00c3
    Adapter: PCI adapter
    temp1: +51.2°C (high = +70.0°C)
    (crit = +115.5°C, hyst = +110.5°C)

mauricio@PortatilMau ~ $

Otro inconveniente, con el “Teamviewer”. Desde repositorio instala versión “i586”, al ejecutarlo problema con el vídeo (se des configura). Formateo equipo. Instalo versión “i686” descargado de página web “Teamviewer”, funciona bien.

Todo lo demás que he probado, funciona muy bien. Excelente distribución. Felicidades. Espero se pueda corregir pronto el problema de la temperatura, antes que se funda el procesador. (acepto sugerencias).

Portátil: Compaq-Presario-CQ45-118LA-Notebook-PC; procesador: AMD Turion X2 Dual-Core Mobile RM-70; gráfica: AMD ATI RS780M [Mobility Radeon HD 3200]; RAM: 3GB.

Gracias por solucionar mi solicitud de página web rápidamente

Desde Bogotá D.C. – Colombia. 2600 metros mas cerca de las estrellas.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Hello everyone.

As discussed in my previous post (March 14), he installed R8.1 Fresh 64 bit KDE from scratch. Partitions: root, swap, home.
    Partition “root” and “home” formatted.
    Installation without problems, the only drawback is the temperature. When using the web browser “Firefox” or “Chromium” the temperature increases a lot:
    – Before:
    mauricio@PortatilMau ~ $ sensors
    acpitz-virtual-0
    Adapter: Virtual device
    temp1: +67.0°C (crit = +105.0°C)

k10temp-pci-00c3
    Adapter: PCI adapter
    temp1: +73.0°C (high = +70.0°C)
    (crit = +115.5°C, hyst = +110.5°C)
    – During:
    mauricio@PortatilMau ~ $ sensors
    acpitz-virtual-0
    Adapter: Virtual device
    temp1: +87.0°C (crit = +105.0°C)

k10temp-pci-00c3
    Adapter: PCI adapter
    temp1: +95.9°C (high = +70.0°C)
    (crit = +115.5°C, hyst = +110.5°C)

mauricio@PortatilMau ~ $ sensors
    acpitz-virtual-0
    Adapter: Virtual device
    temp1: +87.0°C (crit = +105.0°C)

k10temp-pci-00c3
    Adapter: PCI adapter
    temp1: +92.6°C (high = +70.0°C)
    (crit = +115.5°C, hyst = +110.5°C)
    – After:
    mauricio@PortatilMau ~ $ sensors
    acpitz-virtual-0
    Adapter: Virtual device
    temp1: +58.0°C (crit = +105.0°C)

k10temp-pci-00c3
    Adapter: PCI adapter
    temp1: +64.5°C (high = +70.0°C)
    (crit = +115.5°C, hyst = +110.5°C)

mauricio@PortatilMau ~ $ sensors
    acpitz-virtual-0
    Adapter: Virtual device
    temp1: +44.0°C (crit = +105.0°C)

k10temp-pci-00c3
    Adapter: PCI adapter
    temp1: +51.2°C (high = +70.0°C)
    (crit = +115.5°C, hyst = +110.5°C)

mauricio@PortatilMau ~ $

Another drawback, with the “Teamviewer”. From the repository install version “i586”, when running problem with the video (des config). Formatting equipment. I installed “i686” version downloaded from web page “Teamviewer”, it works well.

Everything else I’ve tried, works great. Excellent distribution. Congratulations. I hope the problem of temperature can be corrected soon, before the processor is founded. (I accept suggestions).

Notebook: Compaq-Presario-CQ45-118LA-Notebook-PC; Processor: AMD Turion X2 Dual-Core Mobile RM-70; Graphics: AMD ATI RS780M [Mobility Radeon HD 3200]; RAM: 3GB.

Consta, Thank you for solving my website request quickly (http://en.rosalinux.com/rosa-fresh/)

From Bogotá D.C. – Colombia. 2600 meters closer to the stars.

adem

March 17, 2017at 5:43 am

hi masters, before thank a lot all supports.
I installed my pc ROSA Desktop Fresh v8 64 bit gnome3. and lastday I updated to 8.1
İt is good realy. I wrote before like But I dont chose any my problems.
1- I saw write in Distrowatch Multilanguage “yes” But I saw in system only 5-6 language. How can I will install turkish language.
2-when I downloaded files I can not remove to other files on dekstop (/home)
3- for example I use opera browser so I want to remove firefox or other apps or language but I can not do it. How can do it.
thanks again all masters to your supports

jacques

March 19, 2017at 2:28 pm

Bonjour,
je cherche a m’inscrire sur le forum afin de trouver une solution pour les pilotes de mon imprimante. mAIS Je suis bloquer par le message ou l’on attend une réponse mais je ne comprend pas la question qui est : cat/ect/rosa-release …… que faut il répondre ? Merci par avance

Floreado

March 26, 2017at 12:22 pm

Your system is great.
Just a great job, there are some problems with installation software
from outside repositories but your system is very solid, fast and user-friendly.
No other distro is so well adjusted to a common user by default.
I especially appreciate the fact that Broadcom WL driver is installed by default.
Great work and just keep working as you do it so far.
Best regards:)

consta

March 27, 2017at 11:29 am

Thank you, we’ll keep trying to do our best, to make our distro better.